Begin by thinking Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is a single global school with multiple interconnected campuses. It is not a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The after-school program at Avenues: The World School is seeking a part-time teacher to join our team of diverse and motivated leaders and educators in our PlayLab general after-school care program for students in Nursery through K. Activities during this time include art, cooking, dramatic play, group games and outdoor play. This role requires strong classroom management skills and a background with children and parents in a school setting. The ability to maintain order during a busy program, multitask and problem solve in any situation is an integral part of this position.
- Implement a play based curriculum that engages all learners in meaningful enrichment programming after school.
- Implement classroom management that reflects and corresponds with Response Classroom techniques
- Respond to the individual needs of children and establish stable and consistent relationship with each child and their families/caregivers.
- Implement and adhere to safety protocols particularly sign in and out procedures
- Collaborate daily with colleagues to continually improve student learning and school culture
- Maintain a tidy and functional classroom and commons space
- Bachelor degree or above (could be part time, current undergraduate students are encouraged to apply)
- Experience working with children ages 2-10 years old preferable in an education or enrichment-setting
- Deep dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Nursery certificate（保育员资格证） and preschool teacher certificate preferred
- CPR and First Aid certification preferred
- Background check and medical clearance will be required
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.