Operations, Finance & Strategy
Reports to: Director of Operations
The Physiotherapist at Avenues: The World School supports the general health, hygiene and well-being of the students and faculty. The Physiotherapist will work with faculty to design and deliver preventative medical care and health awareness campaigns, check students for injuries or illnesses and provide first aid treatment for critical incidents.
The successful candidate will bring proven abilities to contribute in the following areas:
- Provide health and medical services to students and staff,including:
- promoting a healthy and safe environment for sports
- delivering medical care and physical screening to students; assessing students and implementing first aid measures, as needed
- ensuring compliance with Chinese legal regulations pertaining to health and safety
- Provide medical supervision and collaborate with the nurses on the development of school health policies,including around crisis response, health office organization, training for faculty and staff, and other areas as needed
- Develop health awareness campaigns for students and their parents
- Support Wellness and Movement (WAM) teacher for various sporting activities
- Advise on injury prevention, treatment and rehabilitation
- Perform first aid treatment for sports-related injuries and other incidents requiring medical attention
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
- Professional physiotherapist or medical certification and a bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with at least 3 years of experience
- Experience as a school and/or public health physician or sports-related physiotherapist preferred
- Knowledge of school health programs such as child protection, immunization and other requirements
- Understanding of pediatric growth and development, allergies, and reproductive and behavioral health
- Understanding of health curriculum and instruction for children from toddler (2-year-olds) through grade 12
- Proficiency in computer operation, including office software, online research and database operation
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with students, staff, administration, parents and the community.
- Fluency in English and Mandarin Chinese
Apply through the Careers section athttps://www.avenues.org/en/careers. Be sure toinclude a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.