New York, New York
Research & Development
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues is seeking a Research Associate in Data Analytics to join the Research and Development team. The Associate will focus on supporting organizational decision making through a variety of data-analytic methods and review of research. The Associate will be responsible for specific duties related to the collection, maintenance, and analysis of data; planning and coordination of analytical projects; and communication of findings to a wide audience.
You’re well versed in data analytics and have developed a broad set of research skills. You enjoy swimming in data and gleaning insights from that data. You can flexibly put quantitative or qualitative methods to good use. You’re comfortable managing data from multiple systems and working with colleagues across functions to help ensure data integrity. You’re excited by big ideas and yet also happy to do the daily work of analysis. You’re a voracious reader of education research and deeply curious about how children and adults learn. You can manage multiple priorities independently with a high level of attention to detail.
The Research Associate in Data Analytics’ responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Collect, clean, and transform data to common standards; blend data from multiple systems; and prepare data sets for analytic use
- Help colleagues plan, collect, and submit student assessment and other data
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis of data
- Create predictive models to support global student success and retention
- Own the administration, analysis, and reporting of a global system of surveys
- Create data visualizations
- Summarize education research, edit research reports, presentations, and papers
- Assist in the conceptualization, design and planning of research projects; help coordinate multiple research projects
- Summarize and report research findings to a wide audience
- Quantitative and qualitative analysis of data
- Technical proficiency in Excel
- Statistical modeling (e.g. multiple linear and logistic regression)
- Statistical programming in R (preferred), Python, or Stata
- Data visualization in Tableau (preferred), R, or Python
- Familiarity with data management in SQL, Excel, or Google Data Studio
- Independent and self-managed
- Collaborative and comfortable with feedback and iteration
- 1-3 years of professional experience in data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, or other field with quantitative focus; Master’s degree preferred
Apply through the Careers section of the Avenues website athttp://www.avenues.org/en/careers/. Make sure to include a very thoughtful cover letter with your application explaining how you meet the criteria.
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo