East Hampton, New York
Hamptons Studio Campus
Position: Studio Mentor, Middle Grades (6-8)
Location: East Hampton, NY
ABOUT AVENUES: THE WORLD SCHOOL
Avenues is on a mission to change the world through education. Founded in 2010 with the vision of becoming one school with many campuses, Avenues now has physical campuses in New York, São Paulo, Shenzhen, and a virtual campus, Avenues Online. Together, these campuses form one transformative, interconnected learning community preparing students to become engaged global citizens and worldwise leaders.
Avenues Hamptons joins this global community in the fall as the first of its kind: a studio campus.
AVENUES STUDIO HAMPTONS
Our first studio campus, located in the heart of the Hamptons, establishes a new model of secondary education by combining our transformative, world-focused academic program with exceptional one-on-one mentoring, flexible scheduling, and personalized learning experiences in our unique, state-of-the-art studio facilities.
As a Studio Mentor, you will help launch a new campus and establish a new model of secondary education. Studio Mentors serve as a trusted advisor and expert learning coach for a total of ~15 students.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Foster students’ belonging, wellbeing, and social-emotional learning
- Build meaningful, positive, and individual relationships with students in your assigned cohort (~15 students)
- Support and counsel students through academic, emotional, and social challenges or concerns
- Develop students’ metacognitive skills and understanding of how they learn
- Lead advisory and community-building activities
- Provide academic coaching
- Provide in-person coaching and feedback on students’ core academic coursework
- Facilitate project-based work and peer collaboration
- Collaborate with AON faculty (who teach core academic subjects) to support student learning and coursework while they are on-site
- Design transformative learning experiences
- In collaboration with your assigned cohort’s LX Designer, partner with students to co-create, coach, and oversee student-directed projects and initiatives
- Supervise and coordinate students’ daily experience at the Studio
- In collaboration with the LX Designer, ensure smooth day-to-day operations of your student cohort
WHAT YOU BRING
- 5+ years of experience working with adolescents
- Extraordinary ability to build relationships with middle school students and their families
- Profound commitment to ensuring and nurturing children's wellbeing
- Highly effective collaborator, eager to listen deeply, contribute to a team and achieve goals together
- Dedication to learning and developing the craft of teaching
- Very resourceful and adaptive, eager to embrace constant change, growth and learning
- Bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in education or related field is ideal
- Experience using technology as a tool to communicate and collaborate with colleagues and enhance instruction; proficiency with delivering instruction via multiple platforms required (Examples: Google Suite, Apple operating systems, SMART technologies)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Unparalleled career growth opportunities across multiple global campuses
- The thrill of a start-up, where everyone helps to build and improve, within an organization with global reach, ample resources and proven results
- Frequent feedback, ongoing coaching and top-notch, job-embedded professional learning
- Competitive rewards package, wellness resources, relocation support (as needed), and other benefits to best support you and keep you healthy and happy
- A beautiful, uplifting, student-centric school environment
- A chance to change the world of education as part of a global community spanning three continents
DIVERSITY, INCLUSION AND SAFEGUARDING
Avenues is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our organization. We strive to uphold a culture in which every colleague feels that they belong, are trusted, and are valued. We welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, and strongly encourage candidates from traditionally underrepresented communities or groups to apply. Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package.
Avenues upholds the highest standards for safeguarding the physical and emotional wellbeing of children. As an essential aspect of this commitment, all offers are contingent upon successful completion of careful reference and background checks.
Encontre seu futuro na Avenues: faça parte de uma equipe que está redefinindo a educação ao redor do mundo.
Explore as mais recentes descobertas sobre educação global nos nossos câmpus em três continentes.
Veja nosso diretório de contatos, incluindo o escritório central da Avenues e nossos câmpus globais.
Voltar ao topo