Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management
Start: Summer 2021, or earlier if available
Begin by thinking of Avenues New York, Avenues São Paulo, Avenues Shenzhen, Avenues Silicon Valley, Avenues Online, Avenues London. Avenues is one school with many campuses, providing transformative, world-focused learning experiences to students around the globe. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship during a time of unprecedented complexity and accelerating change, combining language immersion, interdisciplinary learning, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
The newest campus of Avenues: The World School, and its first in China, Avenues Shenzhen opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program, and is now planning to expand to serve all grades from toddler through 12. Suffused with light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art facility.
opened in Fall 2019. It offers a unique early childhood program, and is now planning to expand to serve all grades from toddler through 12. Suffused with light, surrounded by greenery and seamlessly integrating technology, the campus is an urban oasis where architecture inspires learning and curiosity. The curriculum features language immersion, learning through play and interdisciplinary study in a state-of-the-art facility.
Avenues is excited to share this opportunity for an entrepreneurial, globally-minded and creative leader to join us as the Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management for Avenues Shenzhen. The senior leader in this role will spearhead our efforts in Shenzhen to identify, attract and admit qualified families to Avenues - leading in turn to enthusiasm and support for Avenues' further growth in Shenzhen and China.
The senior leader in this role will spearhead our efforts in Shenzhen to identify, attract and admit qualified families to Avenues - leading in turn to enthusiasm and support for Avenues' further growth in Shenzhen and China.S/he leads the admissions and communications areas, and is responsible for raising awareness of Avenues Shenzhen, integrating our organization with the Shenzhen community and deeply engaging the families and students who will thrive in and enrich the first Avenues community in China. The Director of Admissions and Enrollment Management will join the senior leadership of Avenues Shenzhen and the global Experience team across Avenues.
The Director's primary areas of responsibility include:
Establish Avenues as the leading educational brand and offering in Shenzhen
- Build excitement about Avenues Shenzhen, positioning Avenues as the most desirable and widely known premier school in Shenzhen among prospective families.
- Compellingly educate families around the unique value of an Avenues education
Significantly grow campus enrollment of mission-aligned families
- Shape and lead a clear, focused strategy to triple campus enrollment over three years, while ensuring desirability and selectivity in line with Avenues' global standards
- Ensure a superlative family experience, during admissions and throughout every family's trajectory at Avenues
- Manage the financial aid and net tuition revenue programs to cultivate a mission consistent student body and maximize value creating enrollment
Team and Global Leadership
- Ensure that campus leadership, admissions and broader Experience teams are highly aligned and focused, doing the right things right to achieve enrollment goals
- Lead a highly effective and engaged admissions and communications team in Shenzhen
- Participate in the senior campus leadership team, which shares collective responsibility for the overall success of Avenues Shenzhen
- As part of a global team, help develop world-class global enrollment systems and practices
- Support new Avenues campus development in top-tier markets in Asia
- Enthusiastically tackle the innumerable responsibilities and challenges that come with creating a new top-tier school from the ground up
Candidates should have most, if not all, of the following:
10+ years of professional experience in one or more of selective admissions, business development, fundraising, sales or related field
- A track record of meeting and exceeding ambitious goals
- Exceptional skill at building relationships to support an organization's growth
- Strong ability to operate in China and Chinese culture, particularly in relation to parents and their expectations for education. Mandarin fluency essential.
- Management acumen, to build, develop, retain and lead a high-performing team
- Keen intellectual curiosity and a mindset of openness and continual learning
To Learn More
- Begin with the Avenues website:www.avenues.org
- This FAQ (question and answers) documentwill give you a deeper look at what it means to be an Avenues leader
- Then, dig even deeper into understanding this particular role by reading this second FAQdocument
- Watch this interview with Lisa Peixoto, director of admissions & enrollment management for Avenues São Paulo, about our approach to bringing families into Avenues and serving them exceptionally well
- For an exploratory conversation, to apply, or to refer someone for this role, contact Diego Merino, director of talent acquisition, at email@example.com. All communications will be kept in strict confidence.
Avenues offers competitive compensation and a generous benefits package. Avenues is committed to diversity among our staff, and applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top