New York, New York
Finance & Accounting
Senior Financial Analyst
Avenues is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join the global finance team in New York. The Senior Financial Analyst will report to the Director of Planning based in New York and will work closely with the finance and accounting teams, as well as partner with other functional teams across the organization. This individual will own the financial planning process, the global monthly management-reporting package, the weekly cash forecasting, and other analyses for the New York campus and Online programs.
The Senior Financial Analyst’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintain and develop the annual budget, update the financial model with actual results on a monthly basis, revise the forecast throughout the year for the New York campus and Online program
- Coordinate with the various teams to track and communicate results against the budget
- Manage the expense and cash forecasting process and liaise with the accounting team as well as operations for input
- Prepare and review the monthly management reporting package that is sent to the Board
- Work closely with the functional leads, the global accounting team, as well as outsourced providers on the day-to-day aspect of the job
- Evaluate planning procedures and develop/suggest process improvements
- Work closely with Global Finance and Accounting team on various requests
- Maintain New York campus long term projections
4+ years of proven experience in a financial planning role with progressive responsibility
- Experience working in a medium sized organization and in dealing with functional and virtual teams
- Sound knowledge of financial accounting principles, mainly US GAAP
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or economics
- MBA, a plus
- Relevant certification (e.g. CFA/CPA), a plus
- Advanced modeling in Excel, proficiency in PowerPoint and working knowledge of Workday (a plus)
- Proficiency with data query/analysis tools
- Strong analytical skills and detail-oriented
- Ability to present financial data using detailed reports and charts as well as narrative
- Excellent communication skills (oral & written)
- Ability to build and utilize working relationships and collaborate with internal business partners across the organization
- Maintain and encourage open and honest business relationships within the team and throughout the organization
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities while staying focused
- Sense of deep personal responsibility for the organization's success
- Passion for education and continuous development as well as knowledge sharing
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top