Position: Summer Camp Manager
Location: Avenues Shenzhen Campus, University Town, Shenzhen
Start date: Feb 22
WHO ARE WE
Think of Avenues as one international school with multiple interconnected campuses. It will not be a collection of schools all pursuing different educational strategies, but rather one highly integrated learning community, connected and supported by a common vision, a shared education design and curriculum, world-class technology and a talented headquarters team in New York City. Avenues prepares students for engaged global citizenship in the twenty-first century, with an approach that combines language immersion, interdisciplinary teaching, a global curriculum, and a culture of creativity and deep collaboration.
Avenues extensions program creates more opportunities for our students to connect, share and grow beyond the classroom. The summer camp manager will design and lead a series of meaningful and exciting summer programs with a team of diverse and motivated leaders and educator for students in nursery through ninth grade.
This role requires strong education project management and a background with children and parents in a school setting. The ability to maintain order during a busy program, multitask and problem solve in any situation is an integral part of this position.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build manage and develop a summer camp team to design and run a series of meaningful, intense and interesting summer programs for students in nursery through ninth grade
- Create and maintain a fun, welcoming, and safe environment for our students, staff, families and visitors
- Create and manage the summer camp budget
- Build strong relationship with vendors, teachers, division head and other colleagues, work together to support summer programs
- Continuously evaluate and improve summer programs and improve student and families experience
- Throughout the year, support other extensions programs such as after school activities, students study tour, etc.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and above
- Minimum of 3 years of educational program management experience (camps, study tour, etc)
- Excellent program planning, organizing and executing skills
- Great team management and development skills
- Strong team player, great communication and building relationship skills
- Excellent sense and ability of cross-cultural communication and cooperation
- Fluent in both Chinese and English
Apply through the Careers section athttps://www.avenues.org/zh/careers/open-roles/2428554/.Be sure to include a letter of application, in English, in which you thoughtfully explain why you believe that this role at Avenues Shenzhen would be an excellent match for your experience, skills and passions. If you have any questions, please email Chinacareers@avenues.org.
Avenues is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
Find out more
Find your future at Avenues: join the growing team that’s redefining K-12 education around the world.
Explore timely insights into global education from our campuses on three continents.
View our directory of contacts, including Avenues’ headquarters and our global campuses.
back to top